Frequently asked questions
- I'm new to the range - how do I start?
- Build a routine and order some products :). If you have super-sensitive skin make sure you choose an unscented products.
- Are your products tested on animals? What's your animal testing statement?
- We don't use ingredients that have been tested on animals. We also do not test finished products on animals nor do we engage subcontractors to do so. We also don't sell to markets where animal testing is mandatory. All Facetheory ingredients are vegan and none are animal-derived.
- Do you offer samples?
- We don't offer samples unfortunately. We recommend you use facetheory for at least 30 days to get a good feel for if the routine is going to work for you and a sample wouldn't give your skin sufficient time to obtain the benefit from the product. We back our products with a 365 day satisfaction guarantee, so if you're not happy you can just claim a refund.
- How long can the products be stored for?
- Quick answer - it depends - factors like the environment affect shelf life, so we can't give a specific answer - but most of the time the products will be fine even a year after you buy them. Once opened, they last at least nine months at room temperature.
- Where are facetheory products made?
- They're made in the United Kingdom in our own lab to exacting quality standards. We source our ingredients very carefully and only work with a carefully chosen selection of suppliers.
- I have a medical condition - are facetheory products suitable?
- Generally speaking our products are well-tolerated, however if you have specific concerns please address these with your medical practitioner. If in doubt, test on a small area first (e.g. behind your ear) and leave the product on for 24 hours. If there's any redness or soreness then discontinue use.
- I've got a nut allergy. Can I use your products?
- Allergies vary from person to person and unfortunately we are not able to confirm "nut allergy free" for everybody because each individual could be allergic to a different kind of nut (although peanuts are the most common). We do however include a full list of ingredients with every product, both on the website and on the product packaging. We suggest you check these to make sure our products don't have something in that you're allergic to.
If you do have a nut allergy - we always recommend you speak to your GP to see if our products may be suitable and then patch test first. A small amount should be applied close to where you want to apply the product (such as behind the ear). If you experience any redness, irritation or discomfort during the next 24 hours then you should immediately and thoroughly wash the test area and not use that product.
- How much plastic do you use?
- We're phasing out single-use plastic and most of our products our now available in either glass jars, glass bottles, or aluminium tubes. We expect to be free of single-use plastic by early 2020.
Ordering and Delivery
Where are you shipping the orders from?
All orders are currently shipped from our warehouse in the United Kingdom.
- How much is delivery and how long does it take?
- Delivery is FREE to anywhere in the UK on spends over £25. Our free delivery shipments are sent via Evri on a three to five working day TRACKED service. You can also upgrade to next day delivery (order before 2pm)*.
* Orders must be placed before 2pm, Mo-Thu, for next working day delivery. If the order has been placed on the weekend (Saturday or Sunday), the next working day for it to be delivered is Tuesday.
- And what about international delivery?
- Orders in the EU are delivered in about five working days and the rest of the world anywhere between ten and fourteen working days. You may have to pay customs charges on receipt in your own country if you're outside of the EU. EU delivery is between £4.99 - £9.99 and ROW delivery is £9.99.
- Please note the above shipping timelines are estimates and not guaranteed. Sometimes there may be delays – e.g. carrier delays, logistics, customs, bad weather or things out of our control.
- How does the 365 day satisfaction guarantee work?
- More here.
- What's the returns policy?
- If you don't like a product, let us know, and we'll offer you either further product advice (sometimes it can be an application issue) or we'll send you a free returns label and you can pop the product back in the post.
Facetheory subscription FAQ
- How does the subscription plan work?
- You can get ongoing deliveries of your favorite products on the delivery schedule of your choice (every 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 or 6 months). It’s easy to make changes to your subscription routine through our website. You also get exclusive perks (think early access to new products, free shipping, and more!).
- A few days before your subscription order is set to be filled, you will receive an email and SMS reminder to adjust your routine, change your delivery date, update your account details (like your address or billing info), and make any other edits to your subscription. You will be charged for your subscription once it has been received in our system.
- Any adjustments or cancellations made to your subscription after a payment has been made will not change your current subscription order and will instead be applied to the following subscription order.
- How can I subscribe to your products?
To subscribe to one or more products, just go to the product page on our website, select the product option you would like to subscribe to, click on 'Subscribe and save 15%, and choose the delivery frequency at which you would like to receive our products.How do I cancel or amend my subscription?To access your subscription, please click on ''LOGIN''. Select the black box titled “Subscription Sign In” and use the email address used to set up the subscription.If you should have any difficulties accessing your subscription account, please contact us via live chat or email us on email@example.com and our customer service team is happy to help you with it.If an order has already been generated through the subscription and you no longer wish to receive it, please get in touch with us as soon as possible and we can either cancel the order or, if it has been shipped already, provide instructions on initiating a return to sender.Why can't I access my subscription through my rewards account?Our subscription service is managed by a third party service (SKIO) and to ensure security and ease of access it can only be accessed through the email address used to generate the subscription through the "Subscription Sign In" button.
- Do you have a press contact?
Yes. For all press and media requests and information about Facetheory, please contact:
- Do you work with bloggers?
- Yes. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us about yourself.
- I have other random questions.
- Try here. Email email@example.com and we'll do our best to answer.
Facetheory Rewards FAQ
- Do I have to pay to join Facetheory Rewards?
- No, membership is completely free!
- How do I check how many points I have?
- Once logged in your points will be visible at the top of the Rewards page.
- How can I move up a tier?
- Your tier level is based upon your spend over the las 365 days. Once you’ve met the tier requirements you’ll be automatically upgraded to the new tier.
- How do I redeem my points?
- Points are redeemable on the rewards page or at checkout.
Can I refer family/friends if they live at the same address?
Unfortunately you would not be able to refer family/friends who live at the same address.
- Can I use my points on all products?
- Yes you can :)
- Can I earn points for my previous purchases?
- Unfortunately you can only earn points on purchases made after joining Facetheory Rewards. If you already had a customer account with us you will only earn points on orders placed after 15/03/21.
If I return my order or just one product for a refund, will I loose points?
If you return a order for a refund, the points you earned will automatically be removed. If you returns the order partially, points will be removed partially as well.
- Will I still earn points if I use a discount code?
- Yes but please note points are calculated based on the order total after the discount is applied.
How long are the points valid for?You can use your points within 365 days, starting from the day you earned the points on. If you are inactive for more than 6 months, the points may have been removed automatically, but don't panic. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can add them back..